Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wrapping up the loose ends

Team Solis, June 1996 prior to embarking on the Wild West Adventure

Hi dear readers, I had a second to breathe and thought I'd do a quick post. We are quickly approaching the end of our Wild West Adventure. I have finally gotten past the constant weeping at random western things that I am going to miss. (Hawks, wildflowers, clouds, falling rocks, hail storms, deer darting in front of the car and so on)

I keep reminding myself of how I felt when leaving Maine in 1996. I was really excited to go, but sad to leave. I remember not knowing how on earth I was going to get by without the smells and sights of Maine. I did get by, really really well. I fell in love with this place the instant I first traveled Teton Pass in the back seat of Mark and Lisa's old bronco. I know its going to be the same in NYC and I am really looking forward to discovering wonders of a different kind in the city.

There is still so much to do before we go. Our last day of work is this Friday and I really want to leave my stuff in order for the sanity of my overworked co-workers. We still have to have our epic yard sale, pack our things, get the car serviced, find homes for the pets, get up to the park for one last day with the Tetons, meet with as many of our friends as we can.... oh, its going to be insane!

We had a nice visit with Mike's parents last weekend, I'll post pics tomorrow. Its always nice when they visit because everyone takes a break to spend a little time together. Mike's Mom made the most delicious strawberry shortcake for everyone. There was grasshopper catching, swimming, margaritas, a very nice time was had by all.
Publish Post
Okay, that's all for now. I must get back to the grind.

No comments: