Thursday, February 16, 2012

SITTING UP AND WISHING YOU A HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

This week was a doosey.  It was so hectic and traumatic that I'm ending it tonight and declaring tomorrow a day of relaxation, a full day early.  (Who am I kidding?  I'll be busy tomorrow too).  Both of the boys had colds this week,  actually Sully had it last week, he's mostly gotten over it now.  But Eli had it full force this week so there was a lot of sucking snot out of his nose with the bulb sucker thing- accompanied by plenty of screaming.  He's also had a terrible time sleeping at night which means that I have had a terrible time sleeping.  This all coincided with my first college algebra midterm.  I studied my butt off for it and I think I did ok, but I know I didn't nail it which is very difficult for me because I like to hit things out of the ball park when it comes to school. Its a tough reality that I just don't have as much time to devote to studying as I would like. Plus its a night class, which is fine for the whipper snappers but by the end of the day I'm a zombie and its pretty hard to focus effectively. I've just got to get through this semester, then re-assess my plan.  It will likely become easier in the fall when Sully starts kindergarten (yikes) and is gone 5 days a week, and hopefully Eli will decide that afternoon naps aren't so bad (please dear lord!) or maybe we will think about getting a mother's helper a few days a week?  It will all work out, (so I keep repeating to myself).

That's enough for now.  Enjoy the pictures!

 This is how Sully choose to celebrate Valentines Day
Sully had seen a commercial on TV for chocolate covered strawberries that you could have delivered to your valentine.  Sully started yelling that we should "go online and buy those!" which we thought was pretty funny, because how the hell does he know what going "online" means?  Anyway, we made the chocolate covered strawberries ourselves and Sully got to lick the bowl.  The strawberries were amazing!  I should have taken pictures of them, but they did not last long enough to do so.
Eli at Sully's school's Valentine's day party.  He's got a few fans amongst Sully's friends.



 I thought it was weird when Sully begged us relentlessly for this awful, gross looking monster toy.  But now, sweet innocent little Eli is obsessed with it too.  Boys!


WE HAVE SITTING!!!
 
He's been working on this tirelessly for a while and this past week he's gotten really really good at it.  He's able to correct when he tips to one side and he's even pretty close to sitting up from laying down. 



 Still getting the hang of it
 No harm no foul!







 Doesn't he look so grown up in this picture?

No comments: