Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A walk on the East side

Today we wandered around the East Side of Manhattan, which we have thus far neglected to explore. We let Sully run around in some of the big open plaza areas of the big bank buildings where corporate art and random water fountains abound. Then we wandered up Park Avenue to visit the church where my grandparents were married in 1945. The church is over 175 years old and it is big, massive and very ornate. It is also official the church I have been inside the most, this being my 2ND time through its giant, original carved wooden doors. Its pretty unusual to find me inside a church, but I must admit, I love this one.

After the church we had a little lunch and wandered back to the train, stopping at a 3 story candy store, a flower market, past a half a dozen dogs tied to some dog walkers front door, some marvelous architectural achievements and lots and lots of fabulously dressed people texting furiously while walking flawlessly through crowds and traffic.

Then, in the subway there was a pretty girl posing as a manikin, very convincingly I might add. Mike took pictures and she gave him a little heart that said "Peace in your Heart" while I enjoyed observing the massive crowd that had gathered to watch. There seemed to be equal amounts of awe and dismay at this woman's unique talent to look like a beautiful piece of plastic. You have to admire her audacity none the less.























1 comment:

Lisa M said...

AMAZING PICTURES!!!!