Friday, June 5, 2009

The last day of my 30th year




We had a really fun day today. In honor of my last day as a 30 year old, we went to the La Brea Tar pits to see the bubbling cess pool that LA was before it became the bubbling cess pool it is now. (Hee hee). The weather was amazing, 65 degrees, so while the locals were all dressed for a snow storm (we saw a guy walking his dog this morning wearing heavy duty ski gloves), I was able to dress normaly and not feel as though I would melt! hooray.

We also went to the LA Museum of Art and checked out their modern art collection, I love modern art because it is so weird (giant lamps towering over tiny couches etc).

It was a really good time, Sully had a lot of fun, when we got home he wouldn't stop talking as he attempted to recap the day. and he also learned to say "whoa momma" which may be the funniest thing ever.

Enjoy the pics.I wasn't expecting it to smell good, but was still unprepared for how bad it smelled.

Ohhhh NOOO! says Sully




Giant ancestor of the American Bison


Wall of skulls








Sully is pointing out that the bear went "pee pee"




Giant sloth, whose nose Sully decided to pick


I was really happy to get to wander around a big plaza with beautiful architecture, which was my favorite thing to to do in NYC

Greek, Roman, and Etruscan Art





MODERN ART!


de feesh, de sacrifical feesh




LA, is like, sooooo boring, like, I am totally gonna take a nap

No comments: